[pulseaudio-discuss] stream wedged in non-playing state

Pierre Ossman ossman at cendio.se
Wed May 18 13:40:55 UTC 2016

I suspect the bug is in the memblockq code somewhere. It seems like it
wedges itself somehow. The "missing" state variable is something I'm
looking at with suspicion.

Why do we even have that? Can't we derive that from the other
variables? Having redundant state is just asking for things to get out
of sync and for bugs to appear.

I added some tracing to memblockq in accordance with the attached
patch. I've also attached the output from a run when this happens. If
anyone else could also have a look I'd appreciate it.

Rgds
--
Pierre Ossman           Software Development
Cendio AB		https://cendio.com