[pulseaudio-discuss] system mode alternative for multiseats

Frédéric Henry-Couannier fhenryco at yahoo.fr
Thu May 26 04:42:51 UTC 2016

Dear,
I know it's not recommended to run pulseaudio in system mode... however is there any alternative for multiusers (multiseats) to share a single sound card simultaneously ?
Moreover in my distro it seems that the system mode could be activated with the parameter PULSE_SERVER_TYPE=system in a file /etc/sysconfig/pulseaudiohowever the following comment in the file makes me doubt that this is actually available anymore :#   system    Start a system wide daemon (not yet implemented)

in the past i remember i always had pulse and pulse_access groups in my distro (Mageia)... which is not the case anymore ... did you recently change your policy regarding the system mode : decide to unactivate it ?thank you for your help ...
regards,
fred