[pulseaudio-discuss] paprefs port setting *patch*

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Tue Nov 1 18:06:57 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-11-01 at 18:43 +0100, Nico wrote:
> On 11/01/2016 06:38 PM, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
> > On Tue, 2016-11-01 at 18:18 +0100, Nico wrote:
> > > Here is the ready patch:
> > > https://gist.github.com/NicoHood/6a604d5afa516eb4144bb3c0081de5b0/revisions
> > >
> > > Note:
> > > The patch compares against 0.9.10, not the current head. The changes in
> > > line 640ff were made in head, not by me. However you can remove the
> > > unused variable "c" as I did. Second I've created the new glade file
> > > with the arch glade gtk2 editor. It might have changed more than you
> > > actually want, so you could also manually edit the xml with only adding
> > > this checkbox. That is up to you, I dont know how to do it better.
> > >
> > > The patch was tested on archlinux and works perfectly. No regression,
> > > just a tiny new feature. You might want to bump the version number to
> > > 0.9.11 now. I'd be really happy if this patch gets applied.
> >
> > Thanks for the patch! Would it be feasible for you to submit it using
> > "git send-email"? That way the patch would carry a proper commit
> > message, it would be tracked in patchwork[1] and things would be
> > generally more convenient for the maintainers. Here are instructions:
> > https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/HowToUseGitSendEmail/
> >
> > [1] https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/project/pulseaudio/list/
> >

> Can't I just push the changes to a git branch or yours and you can then
> merge it? That'd be more direct and simpler for all of us? If it would
> be on github that'd be even more simple. But if there is not such a way
> I can also prepare git-mail. As you wish.

It wouldn't really be simpler for me. When I get time to review
patches, patchwork is the main place where I go look for the next patch
to review, so if your patch isn't on patchwork, it can get forgotten.
Commenting on the patch is more convenient with email too.

That said, if you push the patch to some public git repo (on github,
for example), that would still be an improvement, since the patch would
then have the commit message.

At the moment I'm not really doing reviews, because I'm trying to get
10.0 released, and there are blocker bugs that need fixing. If you can
find someone else to review the patch, the patch will get merged
faster.

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk