[pulseaudio-discuss] WLAN Walkie Talkie with pulseaudio?

Michael Renner michael.renner at gmx.de
Wed Nov 23 12:37:02 UTC 2016

Moin,

I have a linux notebook and a Raspberry Pi with an external sound card,
both in the same WLAN or via
OpenVPN connected. With these devices I want to build up a
functionality like a Walkie Talkie:
What is spoken in the headset at the Raspberry Pi (connected to the USB
sound card) should be played from the speaker
on the notebook, what is spoken into the microphone on the notebook
should be played on the headset of the RasPi.

What works so far: With the environment variable PULSE_SERVER=<IP
Raspberry Pi> set on the notebook I can play sound files
to the RasPi and record from there. But I can not reach the local sound
card because of the variable PULSE_SERVER.
With the loopback module I only got an acoustic feedback. With the
loaded zeroconf publish module on the
RasPi I see the devices from the RasPi on the notebook, but they
disappear sometimes - in this situations the
Avahi daemon have to be restarted.

How can I configure a reliably walkie talkie function?

Thanks for any hint!
--
|Michael Renner      E-mail: michael.renner at gmx.de  |
|81541 Munich        Twitter: @dd0ul                |