[pulseaudio-discuss] Service File for running in system mode

Felipe Sateler fsateler at debian.org
Tue Oct 4 20:02:50 UTC 2016

> Hey,
>
> ok, my working configuration on Arch with pulseaudio 9.0.
>
> The unit file:
>
> # /etc/systemd/system/pulseaudio.service
> [Unit]
> Description=PulseAudio system server
> After=dbus.socket

This is redundant, as services by default have an implicit
After=sockets.target (via basic.target).

> Wants=dbus.socket

This is also questionable, as strictly speaking the dbus socket is not
needed by pulseaudio. If the system has dbus disabled, pulseaudio
should not pull it in.

> [Service]
> Type=notify
> ExecStart=/usr/bin/pulseaudio --daemonize=no --system --realtime
> --disallow-module-loading --disallow-exit --log-target=journal
>
> [Install]
> WantedBy=sound.target

I think it may be a good idea to also enable the socket activation
(like the user units do).

--

Saludos,
Felipe Sateler