[pulseaudio-discuss] LADSPA Per Channel\Audio Woes

Dylan Taft dylanetaft at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 13:57:08 UTC 2016

Thanks for your reply!

load-module module-alsa-sink device=upmix20

Hmm, when I put that in my default.pa, and set the profile to off for
my card - and restart pulse, speaker-test hangs.  Other apps will just
not play sound.  After closing everything and reopening, it seems to
work.

Maybe I should reboot - other apps could be grabbing the soundcard
before pulse gets it?

I would NOT want to use dmix underneath pulse, right?  Would probably
add a lot of latency.

Is it possible or a _good_ idea to move the LADSPA configuration to
run directly in Pulse instead of Alsa?

https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/User/Recipes/ActiveSpeakerCrossoverLADSPA/

There is one example of that, but it's a bit hard to understand.  Are
you aware of any better documentation?  Looks like you split the main
channel into 4 mono channels, apply the ladspa filter to each, then
recombine. Is that the most sane way to do this?

https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/User/Modules/#index12h3
Are the channel names what is listed in channel-map in pactl list?