[pulseaudio-discuss] Make pulseaudio the default alsa device (Was: LADSPA Per Channel\Audio Woes)

Felipe Sateler fsateler at debian.org
Fri Oct 14 17:49:05 UTC 2016

On 14 October 2016 at 13:12, Felipe Sateler <fsateler at debian.org> wrote:
> On 14 October 2016 at 12:13, Tanu Kaskinen <tanuk at iki.fi> wrote:
>>>
>>> Would it make sense to upstream this bit? This should be fairly
>>> similar across linux distros, no?
>>
>> The relevant configuration snippet is already shipped in alsa-plugins
>> upstream. The file in the source tree is
>>
>>     pulse/99-pulseaudio-default.conf.example
>>
>> and it gets installed to
>>
>>     $datadir/alsa/alsa.conf.d/99-pulseaudio-default.conf.example
>

> Yes, but that is not enabled by default. In debian we use the
> following file to load that config automatically:
>
> https://sources.debian.net/src/pulseaudio/9.0-4/debian/pulse.conf/

I realized that link may die in the future, so I'm copying the contents:

# PulseAudio alsa plugin configuration file to set the pulseaudio plugin as
# default output for applications using alsa when pulseaudio is running.
hook_func.pulse_load_if_running {
    lib "libasound_module_conf_pulse.so"
    func "conf_pulse_hook_load_if_running"
}