[pulseaudio-discuss] State not restored in system mode

Sat Oct 15 14:40:45 UTC 2016

Hello,

this is a follow up to my previous thread.

I'm using pulseaudio in system mode. It basically works fine, besides
that the state is not restored. So I need to login and unmute the device
after each boot.

The device is an Asus Xonar PCIe card.

Currently, for debugging I start pulseaudio manually after boot using
the service file

[Service]
Type=notify
ExecStart=/usr/bin/pulseaudio --daemonize=no --system --realtime
--disallow-module-loading --disallow-exit --log-target=journal
--log-level=debug

I also changed the home directory of the pulse user from /var/run/pulse
to /var/lib/pulse, to check if there are issues with an home that is
cleared on each boot (what happens to /var/run/ afaik)

The distribution is Arch, pulseaudio is on 9.0.

Restore modules are loaded:

# grep load-module /etc/pulse/system.pa
load-module module-udev-detect
load-module module-detect
load-module module-esound-protocol-unix
load-module module-native-protocol-unix
load-module module-default-device-restore
load-module module-stream-restore
load-module module-device-restore
load-module module-card-restore
load-module module-native-protocol-tcp auth-anonymous=true
load-module module-zeroconf-publish
load-module module-rescue-streams
load-module module-always-sink
load-module module-suspend-on-idle
load-module module-position-event-sounds

The log output is attached or at http://pastebin.com/AxJBCqAz

After I unmute the device, a restart pulseaudio.service does not mute it
again. It only happens at a system reboot.

Is there a way to use pacmd or alike to connect to the system daemon and
unmute the device? Currently I login and use pavucontrol.

Anyone any ideas?

THANKS!
Florian