[pulseaudio-discuss] Revisiting raop2 patches

Hajime Fujita crisp.fujita at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 02:48:57 UTC 2016

Hello,

This is to revisit the raop2 support patches for module-raop-sink, to
extend the existing module-raop-sink so it supports much recent protocol
(and thus much broader range of devices.)

General background can be seen here:
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pulseaudio-discuss/2016-January/025322.html

I truly understand that there's a huge shortage in manpower to review the
patches, and that raop is not a high priority thing in the project.

However, there does exist many users who have been waiting for this feature
to become available in PulseAudio, and actually some of them have been
using this patch for daily basis. Having these patches upstreamed will
surely benefit these users and make PulseAudio more competent software
product.

If there's anything I can help to make the review process easier and faster
(other than rebasing the existing patches to the latest master), please do
let me know.

Best regards,
Hajime