[pulseaudio-discuss] pa_context_set_source_volume_by_index() failed

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Fri Oct 28 12:27:44 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-10-27 at 17:14 +0200, pfl wrote:
> I checked the volume in the raspbian volume utility
>
> also as I said if I restart my program, it is still the same vollume
> values, not my values
>
> how does it work then ?
>
> how to I submit/commit my volume settings ?

There's no separate submit step. You just have to let the mainloop run
so that the "set volume" commands get sent. How are you running the
mainloop? Do you use pa_mainloop_run()? Do you perhaps exit the program
immediately after calling setOutputVolume()?

> is there no wiki or anything explaining all these ?

The asynchronous API is documented here:
https://freedesktop.org/software/pulseaudio/doxygen/async.html

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk