[pulseaudio-discuss] pa_context_set_source_volume_by_index() failed

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Fri Oct 28 15:32:11 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-10-28 at 17:20 +0200, pfl wrote:
> ah yes, I forgot the main loop
>
> the problem is that the set volume part is only a small part of my program
>
> so I'll have to put that lop in a thread

Note that libpulse is not thread-safe, so if you create a new thread
where you run pa_mainloop_run() and then call
pa_context_set_sink_volume_by_index() from another thread without first
somehow making sure that the mainloop thread is stopped, that's going
to break. One solution to this is to use the threaded main loop:
https://freedesktop.org/software/pulseaudio/doxygen/threaded_mainloop.html

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk