[pulseaudio-discuss] RME Babyface Pro: How do I get pulseaudio to see output 3/4?

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Mon Oct 31 12:06:21 UTC 2016

On Sun, 2016-10-30 at 21:36 -0400, Allan Wind wrote:
> On 2016-10-28 15:40:06, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
> > The configuration seems fine, so I'd guess it's the hardware. When you
> > originally only had a stereo sink, did this problem not occur? If you
> > change the Speaker mapping to only have two channels, does the problem
> > go away?
>
> Yeah, I had "copy mode" enabled on the device, and thought I was
> disabling it with "set".  Instead I should use "select".
> Incidentally, the leds behave the same in either case which was
> what threw me for a loop.
>
> Also, I was able to get udev to load my profile by modifying the
> file /lib/udev/rules.d/90-pulseaudio.rules.  Initially, I
> had written my own 91-pulseaudo-rme-babyface-pro.conf which did
> not work.  Maybe udev does not want to reconfigure a device that
> was already configured?

There's a udevadm command for resetting/reloading the configuration,
and I'm sure I have done that successfully in the past. I don't
remember the exact command, however. You mentioned "devadm control --
reload-rules", which looks like it should do the job, but the
"Profiles" wiki page mentions a different command: "sudo udevadm
trigger -ssound".

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk