[pulseaudio-discuss] WIP meson build

Arun Raghavan arun at arunraghavan.net
Fri Aug 4 04:28:50 UTC 2017

On Mon, 31 Jul 2017, at 05:12 PM, Arun Raghavan wrote:
> Hello,
> If anyone is interested in moving PulseAudio to meson, I've got some
> very early work here:
>
>   https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~arun/pulseaudio/log/?h=meson
>
> It's currently blocked on meson not adding the equivalent of '-I.' by
> default (causing our pulsecore poll.h to override /usr/include/poll.h).
> Hopefully that'll get fixed soon.

Update: I've now got a skeleton build for libpulsecore, libpulsecommon,
libpulse and the pulseaudio daemon. It builds and runs (with a couple of
fixes pending in upstream meson linked in the commit).

If anyone wants to start looking at adding some modules, be my guest. :)
Build instructions are also in the top-level commit of that tree.

For some motivation, a configure + compile of everything takes 3s on
this tree. This admittedly is with ccache enabled, but still quite
impressive imo.

-- Arun