[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio Network Sink: Respect alternative sample rate and format

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Thu Aug 17 04:53:23 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2017-08-10 at 20:33 +0200, Maximilian Böhm wrote:
> A bit unlucky but at least now I know that the tunnel sink doesn't
> switch the sample rate – after you initiate a server connection,
> right? So, to be sure, what happens when I start a 48 kHz stream on
> my client?

The tunnel sample rate from the client to the server is determined at
the time you load module-tunnel-sink. The rate is based on what you
configured with the module arguments, or if you didn't configure
anything, then it's the default rate that is configured in the client
machine's daemon.conf.

If the tunnel rate is 44.1 kHz, and you play a 48 kHz stream to the
tunnel sink, resampling will happen on the client machine.

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk