[pulseaudio-discuss] configuring pulseaudio as backend for Qemu

Sameeh Jubran sameeh at daynix.com
Thu Aug 17 12:20:41 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I am trying to set pulseaudio as a backend for qemu with intel hda virtual
sound card. I can't seem to configure pulseaudio correctly due sudo
privileges mismatch, I run Qemu with sudo but when I attempt to run
pulseaudio with sudo I can't hear anything. Is there any detailed tutorial
on how to accomplish this?

I am getting this error in Qemu:

*pulseaudio: pa_context_connect() failed*
*pulseaudio: Reason: Connection refused*
*pulseaudio: Failed to initialize PA contextaudio: Could not init `pa'
audio driver*
*pulseaudio: pa_context_connect() failed*

Some things to note:

* I am no using libvirt and I don't want to use it :)
* I am running fedora 25/26 as a host
* The guest is Windows 10

Thanks in advance =)