[pulseaudio-discuss] Atmos

Michał Sawicz michal at sawicz.net
Wed Dec 20 16:09:42 UTC 2017

W dniu 20.12.2017 o 16:59, David Cary Hart pisze:
> I am trying to pass Atmos to my AVR via HDMI. I seem to be getting 7.1
> PCM but the AVR is not indicating Atmos. Any suggestions?

Last I checked Pulseaudio didn't support passthrough for any of the HD
formats, part of the rationale being that you can just as well decode
that and send out as PCM.

That is probably true for the discrete formats, not so much for Atmos or
DTS-X, though, so maybe there's room for discussion on this again?

--
Saviq