[pulseaudio-discuss] Classification of ucm scripts

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Sun Feb 5 08:37:29 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-01-31 at 17:29 +0530, kranthi kumar wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am very new to pulseaudio environment. I have working ucm scripts for
> playback and capture in HiFi profile. The requirement is that I need to
> split the scripts into codec specific and machine specific. Codec and
> machine scripts will set respective mixer settings for playback or capture.
> I would like to know  how can I use different files for a single(HiFi)
> profile. I am getting different profiles for each file entry in .conf of my
> platform. Also please tell me any tutorial on ucm script programming.

I'm not familiar with how splitting UCM configuration into codec and
machine specific parts works. AFAIK that's pretty new feature of alsa-
lib. Maybe supporting it properly needs some changes in PulseAudio? Can
you send the UCM configuration files you have and the output of "pactl
list cards"?

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk