[pulseaudio-discuss] combined sink does not work with pulseaudio-dlna

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Mon Feb 6 11:24:00 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-02-01 at 09:44 +0100, Ivan Kanis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to get sound output from the speaker plugged on my computer
> and the Chromecast audio in the living room.
>
> I have launched the program pulseaudio-dlna and I can hear audio on the
> Chromecast when I select it as playback.
>
> Next I run pacmd and type the following:
>
> load-module module-combine sink_name=combined slaves=Chromecastaudio4076_chromecast,alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo
>
> In pavucontrol I select the combined sink as playback. I can only
> hear sound on the computer's speaker.
>
> I have attached two screen shots. What's interesting in the output
> devices tab is that there is activity in the Chromecast sink, the blue
> line is moving as the music is playing.
>
> Does anyone knows why it's not working as expected? Is there a different
> way to make it work?

It looks like you've set up it right and it should work... You could
check that the virtual stream between the combine sink and the
chromecast sink isn't muted. To do that, select "All Streams" in the
"Show" drop-down list at the bottom of the "Playback" tab in
pavucontrol.

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk