[pulseaudio-discuss] Signals from PA dbus interface

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Sat Feb 18 16:17:30 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-02-17 at 03:07 -0500, Paul Stone wrote:
> Hoping someone with more familiarity can shed some light or point me in the
> direction of the information I'm looking for.  The basic problem is I'm
> having problems capturing a profile change signal from PA via dbus using
> Gio with CJS/GJS.
>
> I had posted this issue to stackoverflow a while back without a nibble (has
> the problem overview with sample code):
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/40443118/getting-profile-change-signal-from-the-pulseaudio-dbus-interface
>
> The skeleton code there will pickup port changes easily enough but I can't
> seem to grab a profile change.
>
> Thanks in advance for any info.

I added some extra logging to the daemon, and it looks like the signal
is not sent. So this is a pulseaudio bug.

Hopefully you already knew this, but the dbus interface in pulseaudio
isn't really suitable for any serious projects. See the disclaimer at
the top of
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/Developer/Clients/DBus/

Nevertheless, I'll try to fix this bug.

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk