[pulseaudio-discuss] Remapping of sinks and inputs?

Quentin Deldycke quentindeldycke at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 08:36:43 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have a 'funny' configuration. And i would need some help to configure it.

I have 2 audio cards. One (intel) is used for linux, with pulseaudio.
The other one (creative) is used by a windows virtual machine (vfio power).

For the moment i use such cabling:

   - Intel green (left/right) output to speakers
   - Intel orange (center/lfe) output to headset
   - Intel pink (mic) from headset
   - Creative green output to intel pink (line in)

I managed with these lines to enable 3 outputs: Both, speaker only, headset
only. This is ok for me.
load-module module-remap-sink sink_name=speaker
sink_properties=device.description="speaker" remix=no
master=alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-surround-51 channels=2
master_channel_map=front-left,front-right channel_map=front-left,front-right
load-module module-remap-sink sink_name=headphones
sink_properties=device.description="headphones" remix=no
master=alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-surround-51 channels=2
master_channel_map=front-center,lfe channel_map=front-left,front-right

For the moment i use alsa to loopback the intel "line in" sound to all
outputs. And apps on linux can use my microphone. But i would like:

   - To have a 'stream' in pulseaudio representing the line-in. So i can
   move it to both, speaker only or headset only.
   - To be able to forward the stream from 'mic' to 'line out'. Alone. So i
   could plug my intel 'line out' to the creative 'mic'. (and use shitty
   proprietary mic-recording software there...)

In clear:

   - How can i 'split' my input ports in differents streams.
   - How can i a copy a stream directly to an output port?

Thanks in advance!
--
Deldycke Quentin