[pulseaudio-discuss] Intercom with module-tunnel*new

Michael Renner michael.renner at gmx.de
Tue Jan 17 10:18:12 UTC 2017

Moin,

my new project seems to be easy, but the setup still does not work. On a
Raspberry Pi (raspbian jessie with backports) runs pulseaudio 7.1.2 on a
USB sound card. On a notebook I installed ubuntu xenial with Pulseaudio 8.

Both are in the same network segment, they are supposed to work as
intercom. TCP access is enabled in /etc/pulse/default.pa on both computers:
Load-module module-native-protocol-tcp auth-ip-acl = 127.0.0.1;
192.168.22.0/24; 10.8.0.0/24 auth-anonymous = 1

In addition the modules module-tunnel-sink-new and
module-tunnel-source-new are loaded (192.168.22.84 is the Raspberry Pi,
192.168.22.92 the notebook).

Notebook:
Load-module module-tunnel-sink-new server = 192.168.22.84
Load-module module-tunnel-sink-new server = 192.168.22.84
Raspberry Pi:
Load-module module-tunnel-source-new-server = 192.168.22.92
Load-module module-tunnel-sink-new server = 192.168.22.92

Now it is not clear how I can connect the microphone on one device to
the loudspeaker on the other device - and vice versa.

On the notebook I see in the tunnel in pavucontrol under "recording".
There, I can see the different inputs connected to the notebook (for
example "Build-in Analog Stereo" and "Webcam Analog Mono"), but it can
not select anything, it remains "Build-in Analog Atereo". In Playback, I
also see the tunnel. Again, "Build-in Analog Stereo" is the default
which can not be changed.

On the Raspberry Pi I see the tunnel in pavucontrol under "Input
Devices" (nothing to select) and "Output Devices" (nothing to select).
Not more. I expect in both mixers a similar (symmetrical) look and the
possibility to assign the channels freely. So: what is missing?

Thankful for hints

--
|Michael Renner      E-mail: michael.renner at gmx.de  |
|81541 Munich        Twitter: @dd0ul                |