[pulseaudio-discuss] Test failure on musl libc and slower builders (thread-test timeout)

Felipe Sateler fsateler at debian.org
Tue Jan 17 11:25:35 UTC 2017

On Jan 17, 2017 00:09, "A. Wilcox" <awilfox at adelielinux.org> wrote:

The second failure is that after I resolved the above issue (even just
calling srand with '2' to avoid spinning too long), our PowerPC
builder - a dual 1.8GHz 970fx - timed out.  Running it outside of
'make check' allows me to see it completes somewhere between 84 and 89
iterations before the timeout hits.  I found a thread from 2014 on
this list discussing that very issue for Debian's packaging[2], but
saw no answer as to how to prolong the timeout.  For now, I'm going to
ship the package on PowerPC with the failure since all other tests
pass.  I would however be very grateful to integrate a more permanent
solution so that the test suite may pass.

On debian I have disabled the timeouts, since the builders have their own
timeout. I also set the runtime dir environment variable so that the build
does not write to the users home directory.

http://sources.debian.net/src/pulseaudio/9.0-5/debian/rules/#L14