[pulseaudio-discuss] [ANNOUNCE] PulseAudio 10.0

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Thu Jan 19 00:49:32 UTC 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm pleased to inform you that the version 10.0 of PulseAudio is now
officially ready for your consumption. Here's a list of some things you
can expect from the new version:

 * Automatically switch Bluetooth profile when using VoIP applications
 * New module for prioritizing passthrough streams
   (module-allow-passthrough)
 * Fixed hotplugging support for USB surround sound cards
 * Separate volumes for Bluetooth A2DP and HSP profiles
 * memfd-based shared memory mechanism enabled by default
 * Removed module-xenpv-sink
 * Dropped dependency to json-c
 * When using systemd to start PulseAudio, pulseaudio.socket is always
   started first
 * Compatibility with OpenSSL 1.1.0
 * Clarified qpaeq license

More detailed release notes are available here:
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Notes/10.0/

The Tarball:
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/pulseaudio/releases/pulseaudio-10.0.tar.xz
SHA1: ab7cc41a2dc2b9da0794e3a51a4eb7e82e7da511
MD5: 4950d2799bf55ab91f6b7f990b7f0971

Big thanks to all the people who helped by contributing code,
translations, bug reports, or anything else that I forgot to mention
here!

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk