[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio RTP multicast sync

Sergio Serrano sergio.badalona at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 08:07:19 UTC 2017

Dear list members,

Hope someone can help me..
In order to test audio synchronization over RTP multicast I've setup two
openwrt boxes as "RTP receivers" and one as "RTP sender". Also in order to
improve synchronization sender device is acting as master PTP clock
generator. All devices are in sync up to sub millisecond precision.

Analyzing audio output on both clients I can see that there are a variable
delay between them that oscillates from -80mS to +80mS, that makes it
unsuitable for multiroom installation. When I walk across the speakers I
can hear both audios out of phase (I can hear eco or reverb effect).

Someone happy to help me to fix this?
BR,
Sergios