[pulseaudio-discuss] Bluetooth mic too sensitive

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Mon Jul 10 16:23:08 UTC 2017

On Sat, 2017-07-08 at 00:31 -0700, Brent Roman wrote:
> Since updating to pulseaudio 10.0, both my Plantronics Legend and
> BlueAnt Pump headsets microphones have become so sensitive that they
> distort my voice to the point of making it unintelligible due to audio
> clipping.
>
> I noticed in the release notes that version 10 added separate volume
> controls for the HSP and A2DP profiles.
>
> Is this the source of the problem?

During the pulseaudio update your previous bluetooth volume settings
were reset, so that would explain some kind of volume change. Fixing
this should be simply a matter of lowering the microphone volume, have
you tried that? Your desktop environment should provide a way to
control the mic volume, or you can install pavucontrol and use that
(the mic volume is on the "Input Devices" tab).

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk