[pulseaudio-discuss] Adjusting ALSA maximum volume on multiple chanels.

Pierre Parent pierre.parent at pparent.fr
Thu Jul 20 08:47:36 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have an audio card with several channels:  Headphone, Speaker, Bass Speaker.

On pulse-audio when I set the volume to 100%, the 3 channels get to 100% in
alsa. But Speaker should be at 33% max, Headphone should be at 50% max, and
bass Speaker should be at 100% max. Therefore I get terrible sound because
Speaker is way too high in comparison of Bass-speaker. If I set volume as said
before with alsa-mixer I get good quality sound.

How can I configure this, in pulse-audio?

Thank's in advance,
Pierre