[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio problems

Lee Matthews matthews.lee at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 15:18:11 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm having some problems with pulseaudio. I'm using the Raspbian lite
distribution for the raspberry pi, kernel version 4.4. I've installed
pulseaudio version 7.1 and I'm using pavucontrol 2.0-3.

If I play some music and then attempt to change the volume using
pavucontrol I notice several problems.

1) Sometimes the sound output stops altogether, then it starts playing
again if I change the volume.

2) There is some of echoing/distortion when I change the volume.

3) Every now and again the sound just stops. It starts again if I change
the volume or mute and then unmute the volume.

I've taken a short video so that you can see what I mean, you can download
it here :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Vs-gmmmnlOS0hRRmdJNnVxOEE/view?usp=sharing

Here are my pulseaudio configuration files :

client.conf :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Vs-gmmmnlOTHVFSVNYSTJSZDg/view?usp=sharing

daemon.conf :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Vs-gmmmnlOZHY5dkR6NVJKYTQ/view?usp=sharing

default.pa :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Vs-gmmmnlONTJXSGhrV2tRODQ/view?usp=sharing

system.pa :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Vs-gmmmnlOVEx4cmprdjY0VDg/view?usp=sharing

Here is a log from pulseaudio that I took :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Vs-gmmmnlOUEZLT2p2cno3aVE/view?usp=sharing

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Best wishes,