[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio craqshes while audio call disconnects [ Invalid write to eventfd]

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Mon Jun 19 14:13:50 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-06-19 at 12:37 +0530, mohammed rilwan wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Ubuntu 17.04 as Bluetooth headset.
> Android phone conencted to ubuntu via bluetooth.
> incoming call to android phone.
> pulseaudio crashes while audio call disconnects.
>

> What could be the issue ?

There are two "Bad file descriptor" errors for two different file
descriptors at the same time. One is for an alsa fd and the other one
is probably an asyncmsgq fd of the alsa sink. My wild guess is that the
pollfd array that is stored in the alsa sink's pa_rtpoll struct gets
corrupted. That can be hard to debug, if it's some unrelated code that
has a bug that makes it write to a random memory location... If the
problem is reproducible, I would start by logging all changes to the
pollfd array and the final array contents at the time of the crash to
see if the array contents have changed to something unexpected.

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk