[pulseaudio-discuss] Realtek ALC898 Headphones Issue

Frederick Zhang frederick888 at tsundere.moe
Sun Mar 12 06:53:22 UTC 2017

Hi PulseAudio developers and users,

I'm using a laptop which features a Realtek ALC898 audio card and the
headphone socket doesn't function very well with PulseAudio.

My laptop has got a GPU switch which can disable either the Intel GPU or
the Nvidia one at hardware level.

So with the Intel one, the headphone socket works but the audio is
unbearably loud, even if I turn it down to 5%. With the Nvidia one on
the other hand, the socket doesn't work at all. However, it can still
detect headphones plugging in and change the output device for me.

I'm using ArchLinux and here are the possibly related packages I've
installed:

pulseaudio 10.0-2
intel-tbb 2017_20161128-1
xf86-video-intel 1:2.99.917+760+ge9cd8c21-1
lib32-nvidia-utils 378.13-2
nvidia 378.13-3
nvidia-settings 378.13-1
nvidia-utils 378.13-5
opencl-nvidia 378.13-5

Some of my buddies who're using ALC898 don't get sounds from headphone
socket, either.

Any clues, guys? I would be glad to provide any further info.

--
Best Regards,
Frederick Zhang

Home Page:  https://onee3.org/
Email:      Frederick888 at Tsundere.moe