[pulseaudio-discuss] ifdef foo

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Wed Mar 15 21:34:45 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-03-15 at 20:00 +0100, Timothy Hobbs wrote:
> I noticed when looking through the source to pulseaudio 5.0 as aquired
> from debain that in file:
>
> src/module-simple-protocol-unix-symdef.h
>
> There are the following ifdef foo lines:
>
>      0 #ifndef foomodulesimpleprotocolunixsymdeffoo
>      1 #define foomodulesimpleprotocolunixsymdeffoo
>
> Is this intentional or are these a leftover from some kind of test?

It's intentional. In case you're new to include guards, here's an
article about them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Include_guard

All headers in PulseAudio have an include guard with format
"foosomethingfoo". I find that convention a bit weird, but that's how
it has always been, and there's not much benefit in changing the
convention.

By the way, the symdef headers are autogenerated by
src/modules/module-defs.h.m4.

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk