[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio dies randomly when not in 2.0 output

John Nunnington jnunnington at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 21:32:38 UTC 2017

I'm running Ubuntu 16.10 and 16.04, and I get repeatable failures in
Spotify that are caused by the pulseaudio daemon dying.

I don't get this issue when my sound is configured in analog-stereo through
the sound card, or when outputing to the speaker system through the
motherboard (which is 2.0 anyway). Any other configuration
(4.0,4.1,5.05.1), fails within 5-25 minutes.

I've reported this through ubuntu-bugs but nothing seems to happen.

Can anybody either confirm they've seen this before, or tell me how I can
gather some additional information to assist resolving this ??