[pulseaudio-discuss] Detecting when data source disappears?

Georg Chini georg at chini.tk
Sun May 28 09:29:08 UTC 2017

On 23.05.2017 03:44, Steven Wawryk wrote:
> Sorry about reposting.  I botched up the subject line, messing up the
> threading.

>> Could you please include the command sequence you are using? Maybe I can
>> reproduce the problem here.
> I've attached the CLI file and the shell script I use to run it. The
> sequence is:
>
> ./restart-pulse.sh dist/data/sine-2x6.pa
> parec --device="test_sink0.monitor" --format=ulaw --rate=8000
> --channels=6 --channel-map="aux0,aux1,aux2,aux3,aux4,aux5" parec0.raw
>
> Wait 10 seconds, then in another terminal:
>
> pactl unload-module module-remap-sink # or pactl unload-module
> module-sine
>
> Wait another 10 seconds, then kill parec with ctrl-c.  I then look at
> parec0.raw by importing it in audacity (u-law, 6channels, 8000 smp/sec).

I tested it here. To me it looks like a bug that occurs because of
re-winding and using
a monitor source, but I can't put my finger on it yet.
With your setup, you are running with 2 seconds latency, which is
probably not what
you intend. Add --latency-msec=10 or similar to your parec command. This
should
mostly hide the bug.