[pulseaudio-discuss] How to check visually for XRUNs/drop-out/interruptions and similar in PulseAudio?

21naown at gmail.com 21naown at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 14:24:14 UTC 2017

Le 03/11/2017 à 10:05, Tanu Kaskinen a écrit :
> On Thu, 2017-11-02 at 21:32 +0100, 21naown at gmail.com wrote:

>>> I think QJackCtl shows all xruns that happen in jack. Whether
>>> PulseAudio is being used or not shouldn't make any difference.
>>>
>>> As for drop-outs in PulseAudio, QJackCtl won't show those, unless they
>>> also cause xruns in jack. PulseAudio doesn't currently provide any
>>> mechanism for getting notifications about drop-outs.
>>>
>> Thank you for your answer.
>>
>> Even in logs (“syslog” if I am not wrong)? Do you think the developers
>> can add this easily (for drop-outs and similar)? It would be really
>> useful for me, but I hope I am not alone.
> Drop-outs are logged, but you need to enable verbose logging.
> PulseAudio generates a lot of logs in the verbose mode, I don't know if
> you want all that in your syslog. It's possible to set the log target
> to a file, though.

Super! I will change the target of the log file yes (I saw
“--log-target=file:PATH”).
Do you know the error message or a keyword for the drop-outs to find
them in the logs?
What is the “log-level” to show them? (if I am not wrong, “notice”,
which is “2”, is the default)

You can confirm any problem similar to a drop-out (= which modifies the
value of the sound whereas it should not) is logged if it is the
PulseAudio’s fault?