[pulseaudio-discuss] module-switch-on-connect: handling virtual sinks

wellington wallace wellingtonwallace at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 13:36:26 UTC 2017

Another thing that would work is telling Pulseaudio that null sinks created
by PulseEffects should never be used as fallback devices. If this was a
null sink property I could set it in PulseEffects code and the user would
not have to mess with Pulseaudio's configuration.

As we are talking about null sinks I would like to ask one more question.
Is it possible to change a null sink rate after it was created? I searched
in the libpulse api docs but I could not find a way. I am asking because at
PulseEffects startup I set the null sink rate to the same rate of the
current fallback device. If the user changes the fallback device to one
with different sampling rate while PulseEffects is open we will have
unnecessary resampling as the null sink is using the rate of the previous
device.

Best regards

               Wellington

--