[pulseaudio-discuss] bluetooth headset disconection

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Thu Nov 30 17:25:46 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2017-11-30 at 21:16 +0900, Shinnosuke Suzuki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found the article bellow:
>  https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio
> From this article, If I changed some configuration, pulseaudio can set
> bluetooth headset as default sink.
> But I couldn't find how to set bluetooth headset as a default sink.
> I think this might be a solution on this.
>
> Could anybody tell me how to set bluetooth headset as a default sink?

"pactl set-default-sink X" will set the default sink to X. Replace X
with the sink name. If you're not sure what the headset sink name is,
this command will print all sink names: "pactl list sinks | grep Name:"

Starting from PulseAudio 11.0, bluetooth devices should automatically
become the default sink if you haven't manually configured anything
else.

You can also try loading module-switch-on-connect. That module will
automatically set any new sink that appears as the default sink.

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk