[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio setup issues

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Thu Oct 5 17:29:51 UTC 2017

Sorry for the delay on replying, I haven't been able to keep up with
emails.

On Fri, 2017-09-22 at 12:26 +0530, namittal at codeaurora.org wrote:
> (if pulseaudio is not running)
> / # amixer cset name='SLIMBUS_0_RX Audio Mixer MultiMedia1' '1'
> ALSA lib
> /local/mnt/workspace/LE05Sep_stable/poky/build/tmp-glibc/work/armv7a-vfp-neon-oemllib32-linux-gnueabi/lib32-alsa-plugins/1.0.29-r0/alsa-plugins-1.0.29/pulse/pulse.c:243:(pulse_connect)
> PulseAudio: Unable to connect: Timeout
> amixer: Control default open error: Connection refused

This amixer command tries to use the "default" alsa device, which is
provided by pulseaudio. To control the hardware mixer, pass the -c0
option to amixer.

> 6.	I am also attaching the output of "pactl list".
> "pactl list cards" detects no cards. Does that mean pulseaudio has no
> information about the card?

It means that PulseAudio failed to open the sound card using any of the
options configured in /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/profile-
sets/default.conf.

Maybe the mixer settings that you failed to set after installing
pulseaudio are required before the sound card can work.

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk