[pulseaudio-discuss] [Patch] RAOP: fix audio synchronisation, take two

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Thu Oct 5 18:19:51 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2017-09-21 at 16:04 +0200, Colin Leroy wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 16:00:28 +0200, Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net>
> wrote:
>
> > > Thanks! Applied. I took the liberty to remove the
> > > pa_modargs_get_value() from raop-sink.c, because it wasn't necessary
> > > there.
> >
> > Yay! Thank you for your guidance :)
>
> Do you think it would be good to make a call for testers before 12.0,
> so we can fill in a bit the guess_latency_from_device() function with
> more hardware?

Yes, that seems like a fine idea. I'd like to first make the device
model string easily available for testers. Digging it up from the
verbose log isn't really user-friendly. It could be simply added to the
raop sink proplist, so "pactl list sinks" would show it. Would you
possibly have the time and motivation to implement that?

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk