[pulseaudio-discuss] pamixer r.f.e.

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Thu Oct 19 15:06:34 UTC 2017

a --show-defaults command line parameter would show the current source and
also show the current sink.  For whatever reason in the middle of
operation yesterday afternoon pulseaudio lost its sink and only produced
static on speakers that earlier were telling me the screen contents.  This
morning I had to do some guessing to figure this out.  As a  result,
pulseaudio was nearly the cause for reinstalling a working system which
has lots  of additional files on it by now.

Since I'm not on the netctl list could one of the list members forward
this next part along to them?
On a system boot netctl tells a user that a process made by wifi-menu
failed to start.
This happens in one case when an internet connection is already alive.  It
would be nice if netctl could detect this live condition and provide an
appropriate message.  It's the difference between a status message and an
error message.