[pulseaudio-discuss] Use two servers at the same time

Vimal Babu Vimal.Babu at nestgroup.net
Wed Oct 25 04:17:54 UTC 2017

Dear Sir,

From your mail what my understanding is that you are trying to route the audio from a User desktop(server) to your  desktop(client). On the above said concept I have tried to route audio to client pc with the help of pulseaudio

The following where the steps that I have done

Pulse audio Modules required at both side
•       module-esound-protocol-tcp
•       module-native-protocol-tcp
•       load-module module-rtp-recv
•       module-null-sink
•       module-rtp-send

Pulseaudio server Side add following lines to /etc/pulse/default.pa

•       load-module module-esound-protocol-tcp auth-anonymous=1
•       load-module module-native-protocol-tcp auth-ip-acl=192.168.1.130 auth-anonymous=1
•       load-module module-null-sink sink_name=rtp format=s16be channels=2 rate=44100 sink_properties="device.description='RTP Multicast Sink'"
•       load-module module-rtp-send source=rtp.monitor
•       set-default-sink rtp

Pulseaudio client side add the following lines to /etc/pulse/default.pa
•       load-module module-rtp-recv

You have to add the IP of the client pc in the line,  load-module module-native-protocol-tcp auth-ip-acl=192.168.1.130 auth-anonymous=1,here I have added 192.168.1.130,

Regards,
Vimal Babu