[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio is unable to detect right profile on this system.

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Wed Sep 6 12:11:14 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-09-06 at 12:08 +0430, Farhad Mohammadi Majd wrote:
> This system has two OS: Debian v9 & Fedora v26, I installed PulseAudio
> on Debian and tested this system with one speaker that has standalone
> power and it does'nt work, this means headset and standalone
> speaker neither don't work on this system without your explained hack.

Yes, that's expected. The hardware doesn't know what you plugged in, so
the behaviour is the same whether it's a headset or a speaker or a
toaster with a 3.5 mm audio cable glued on its side. What you're
calling a "hack" is a proper fix that will be included in the next
PulseAudio release (if my patch gets approved by then).

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk