[pulseaudio-discuss] [Patch] RAOP: fix audio synchronisation, take two

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Fri Sep 8 22:25:33 UTC 2017

Hi,

Following the discussion with Tanu, here's a second patch to announce
the correct latency in raop-sink.

This patch makes latency configurable in module-raop-sink, with a
default of 0 as it is right now.

It also makes module-raop-discover pass a latency= parameter to
module-raop-sink, and I made it so the latency is set depending on the
device model. Like USB VIDs/PIDs in the kernel, the best would be to
complete the list of device models/latencies when people try it on
other hardware.
I've set the latency to the correct value for my Pioneer N-30, and made
it so it returns 2s for Apple Airport Express. (I couldn't test Apple
hardware, though.)

Finally, I added a force_latency= parameter to module-raop-discover,
which, if set, is passed down to the module-raop-sinks it spawns when
it discovers AirPlay hardware, taking precedence over the
guess_latency_from_device() function.

Advice is welcome :)
--
Colin