[pulseaudio-discuss] [Patch] RAOP: fix audio synchronisation, take two

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Sat Sep 9 16:07:27 UTC 2017

On 09 September 2017 at 18h00, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:

Hi Tanu,

Your mail's empty :)

Anyway, after this patch, there still is a bug left (which was not
visible with the previous patch where I did

if (latency < 0) {
    latency = 0;
}

in sink_get_latency().

The bug is that latency's all wrong (like, -10 to -5 seconds instead of
+2.3) after a pause (that is, after switching to PA_SINK_PA_SINK_IDLE
and then back to PA_SINK_RUNNING). At the first playback, it's fine.

I don't understand why, and if you have some pointers on how pa_rtpoll
and pa_smoother work, I guess that'd help.
--
Colin