[pulseaudio-discuss] front-panel headphones not working with Intel PCH and Realtek ALC892

Peter F. Patel-Schneider pfpschneider at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 15:56:33 UTC 2018

Hi:

I have an Intel 7 Series desktop where the audio chip is a Realtek ALC892.
The audio setup is quite normal, with 7+1+mic on the rear and mic and
headphones on the front.

However, pulseaudio doesn't show a headphone port for the card (HDA Intel
PCH), just front and rear mics, digital output, HDMI 0 and 1, output lineout
(which I assume is the 7+1 on the back), and input linein.

I looked around and found a few related documents but nothing that appears to
be about this particular problem.  Does anyone know what is wrong?  How can I
fiddle with the description of the card?

Thanks,

peter