[pulseaudio-discuss] profile-set for CMEDIA USB2.0 High-Speed True HD Audio (147a:e055)

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Thu Feb 1 08:29:03 UTC 2018

On Mon, 2018-01-29 at 11:31 +0100, Jean-Philippe Guillemin wrote:
> No matter what match string I tried, ALSA never changed the device for
> iec958.
>

> root[~]# cat /proc/asound/cards
>  0 [Audio          ]: USB-Audio - USB2.0 High-Speed True HD Audio
>                       CMEDIA USB2.0 High-Speed True HD Audio at
> usb-0000:00:12.2-2, high speed
>
> In USB-Audio.conf :
>
> # If a device does not use the first PCM device for digital data, the device
> # number for the iec958 device can be changed here.
> USB-Audio.pcm.iec958_device {
>     # "NoiseBlaster 3000" 42
>     "USB Sound Blaster HD" 1
>     "USB2.0 High-Speed True HD Audio" 2

Can you subscribe to alsa-devel at alsa-project.org[1] and send a question
to that list about how to configure the iec958 device in USB-Audio.conf
so that input and output use different device numbers (if that's even
possible)? Attach the output from alsa-info[2] to your mail and add
Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> and me to Cc.

[2] http://alsa-project.org/main/index.php/AlsaInfo

https://liberapay.com/tanuk
https://www.patreon.com/tanuk