[pulseaudio-discuss] Remaining PA process after X logout
fsateler at debian.org
Wed Feb 28 18:25:15 UTC 2018
On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 10:53 AM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:
> The startup of PA wasn't
> changed with the latest package on openSUSE Tumbleweed, and it means
> that it's either started by XDG autostart (by pacmd), or autospawn by
> any program.
I would encourage you to enable the systemd units if possible in
openSUSE, and disable autospawn. They have the following benefits:
1. Process environment is less random.
2. Lifetime is more controlled.
3. No more problems with running an audio-using command from a
terminal while X is open.
4. Easier to disable per-user (by masking the relevant unit on a system path).
5. Proper autorestart policy configuration
More information about the pulseaudio-discuss