[pulseaudio-discuss] profile-set for CMEDIA USB2.0 High-Speed True HD Audio (147a:e055)

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Sun Jan 28 23:12:43 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2018-01-26 at 23:15 +0100, Jean-Philippe Guillemin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After some investigation on how to make the optical iec958 output work on
> my CMEDIA based usb DAC, I finally found a solution : a profile-set has to
> be added for this device.
>
> Added to udev 90-pulseaudio.rules :
>
> ATTRS{idVendor}=="147a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="e055",
> ENV{PULSE_PROFILE_SET}="cmedia-high-speed-true-hdaudio.conf"
>
> Added profile set
> /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/profile-sets/cmedia-high-speed-true-hdaudio.conf
> (only specific part below) :
>
> ----------(default)------------
>
> [Mapping iec958-stereo]
> device-strings = hw:%f,2
> channel-map = left,right
> paths-input = iec958-stereo-input
> paths-output = iec958-stereo-output
> priority = 5
>
> ----------(default)------------
>
> I hope this profile-set will be added to pulseaudio.

It's better to fix this in alsa. I believe you can do the required
change in /usr/share/alsa/cards/USB-Audio.conf quite easily. The "USB-
Audio.pcm.iec958_device" section seems to contain rules for setting the
correct iec958 device number for specific sound cards (the correct
number is 2 in your case). I'm not sure where to get the right match
string for your card, though. I would guess that it's visible in
/proc/asound/cards. For example, I have this entry for my usb sound
card:

 1 [C10            ]: USB-Audio - CA DacMagicXS 1.0
                      CA CA DacMagicXS 1.0 at usb-0000:00:1a.0-1, full speed

I would guess that "CA DacMagicXS 1.0" would be the correct match
string for this card.

If you manage to edit USB-Audio.conf so that you don't need the
modification in PulseAudio, then either send a patch to alsa, or tell
what change you did and I'll send the patch for you.

https://liberapay.com/tanuk
https://www.patreon.com/tanuk