[pulseaudio-discuss] Sound input problem on chtrt5645 device

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Sun Jul 1 14:18:44 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 29-06-18 18:25, Gustavo Duarte wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
>> I assume that when you say there is no input sound, you mean that the
>> microphone build into the laptop is not working ?
>
> That's right.
>
> I tried your suggestions, substitute HiFi.conf file and add these
> kernel command line parameters. And the mic, still desn't works.
> I tried also dmic on 1st and 2nd input.
>
> There is something that catches my attention.
> Always after did a change, I go to Gnome sound settings, input tab,
> and the only device showed is chtrt5645 Analog Stereo.
> I expected see a digital device... i don't know.

If you see "chtrt5645 Analog Stereo" on the input tab, then the
UCM profile is not loading correctly. You need to fix that first,
if you have an old alsa-lib which did not include a
/usr/share/alsa/ucm/chtrt5645 yet, then start with copying
both HiFi.conf and chtrt5645.conf from:

http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-lib.git;a=tree;f=src/conf/ucm/chtrt5645

To a directory named:

/usr/share/alsa/ucm/chtrt5645

Note you need the plain txt (raw) versions of both files.
Then close the gnome sound-settings, do "killall pulseaudio"
and re-open gnome-sound-settings.

The input should be named "Internal Analog Microphone" now,
once you've managed to get the input named that way (so the UCM
profile is loaded correctly) try if the buildin mic works now.

If things still don't work, then replace the HiFi.conf with
the file from the Asus T100HA profile I linked to before *and*
put snd_soc_rt5645.quirk=0x0100 on the kernel commandline.

Note to test the digital-mic you need both the Asus T100HA
HiFi.conf *and* the kernel commandline option.

To check the kernel commandline option is present after
rebooting do: "cat /proc/cmdline", if you are using the
Asus T100HA HiFi.conf, the input should now be named
"Internal Microphone" (note no more "Analog" in there).

Regards,

Hans