[pulseaudio-discuss] Native Instruments Audio 2 DJ

w.stott w.stott at engineeredarts.co.uk
Wed Jul 4 13:57:01 UTC 2018

Hello I'm new here and haven't really used many mailing lists. So I hope
this is the correct place to ask...

I have a Native Instruments Audio 2 DJ (which is an older version of
their Audio 2). It's effectively exactly the same thing but a bit more
rugged and not compatible with iOS devices.

I'm pretty sure it's been discontinued and isn't available anymore.
However, I have one, and needed it to work with Pulseaudio.

The older model works great with the existing profile, but has a
different "idProduct" (excuse possibly incorrect jargon).

041c instead of 041d

Is this something you would be willing to add to PulseAudio as standard?
>From the looks of that file, Native Instruments and you guys have had
similar fiddlings before.

It would be the addition of a single line in:
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/tree/src/modules/alsa/mixer/profile-sets/90-pulseaudio.rules

|ATTRS{idVendor}=="17cc", ATTRS{idProduct}=="041c",
ENV{PULSE_PROFILE_SET}="native-instruments-traktor-audio2.conf" As a
Github-raised programmer I'm not sure where I would begin to commit this
into the project without a friendly fork button. Thanks! |

--

*Will Stott*
Software Engineer

www.engineeredarts.co.uk <https://www.engineeredarts.co.uk/>