[pulseaudio-discuss] How to play a sound both on headphone and speaker and line-out?

Ali Shirvani aj.shirvani at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 10:34:17 UTC 2018

Dear Dylan,

Thanks for your reply. I followed the link and create `~/.asoundrc` file
with following content:

pcm.quad {
    type multi
    slaves.a.pcm "dmix:ALC282,0"
    slaves.a.channels 2
    slaves.b.pcm "dmix:ALC282,2"
    slaves.b.channels 2
    bindings.0 { slave a; channel 0; }
    bindings.1 { slave a; channel 1; }
    bindings.2 { slave b; channel 0; }
    bindings.3 { slave b; channel 1; }
}
pcm.stereo2quad {
    type route
    slave.pcm "quad"
    ttable.0.0 1
    ttable.1.1 1
    ttable.0.2 1
    ttable.1.3 1
}
pcm.!default {
    type asym
    playback.pcm "plug:stereo2quad"
    capture.pcm "plug:dsnoop:ALC282"
}

And here is the output of `aplay -l`, I want to play sound on both
headphone and speaker on analog card #1.

card 0: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 0/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC282 Analog [ALC282 Analog]
  Subdevices: 0/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Regards,

Ali