[pulseaudio-discuss] Moving to GitLab

Arun Raghavan arun at arunraghavan.net
Wed Jul 25 11:55:22 UTC 2018

Hi folks,
The freedesktop admins have now started helping projects move to GitLab (http://gitlab.freedesktop.org/) on a pilot basis. I'm quite excited about this as it would mean a better way to track patches, as well as a more familiar interface for new contributors coming from the Github world.

The choices are to move piecemeal (git + merge requests first, bugs later), or just do it all at one shot. I favour the latter, in the spirit of absorbing all the migration pain at one shot. This is probably a good time in the release cycle to do this as well. There's a tracker bug for getting this done at:

  https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/freedesktop/freedesktop/issues/49

Thoughts? Questions?

As a first step, I would request everyone with commit access to set up your account and populate your key(s).

Cheers,
Arun

p.s.: Once this is done, I also want to move our CI over.